Sunday, October 3, 2010

Like sands through the hourglass....

These are the days of our lives! (queue music)

Kevin has decided to race in the St. Louis Halloween race on October 17th -- http://www.gostlouis.org/, (while he's still nursing a sore foot and muscles from Ironman Wisconsin) and now it seems that our lives are nearly as hectic as before.
  
The love between doggie & daddy
So far in life, I have learned that there's never enough money OR time to do everything we'd like to do.  And just when we have completed 1 task, there's a dozen more waiting in the shadow's to jump out with a sense of urgency! (sigh)

Between my coordinating a lot of upcoming work travel and Oskar's emergency surgery (our 8 year old Weimarainer), we've yet to have dull moments in the house....yet.  I still have the hope to one day look around and think "hmmm...I have NOTHING to do!" (A gal can dream, right?)

I AM happy to report that we have successfully worked out a solution to send both of our little guys to school a couple of times each week....yay!  As Kevin pointed out recently, our little guy could use some help in differentiating between food and phones (but honestly, phonetically they are VERY similar).

Hello?  Hello? I need more watermelon!

I'm still so amazed at how big my little ones are getting, now 4 and 2-1/2 and how NOTHING gets past them....

I know, all of you mommies and daddies nodding your head like this is common knowledge.  And even though everyone says things like, "Kids are like sponges" or "Kids say the darndest things"...it can still catch you by surprise.


Just the other day...I picked the boys up from the baby-sitter's house, and I was trying to hurry Matthew into his car seat (WHICH he now buckles all by himself), saying things like "hurry up guys, let's go home and see daddy!". 


Matthew stopped what he was doing and with a straight face he asked "is daddy still sore?" When I responded with "yes, a little" he asked... "is he home cooking dinner?"  Which I was HAPPY to respond with "Yes, he IS cooking dinner, so let's go!"...ahhh....dinner waiting for me at home.  


I realize I can't get used to this, since he's already mapped out the 10K in 2 weeks, 2 1/2 Ironman competitions he's planning in 2011, and the handful of 1/2 marathons, 5K's and other various shorter races that will inevitably be scattered throughout the year.  Right now... I'm LOVING it! ;-)

The evenings when we're both able to sit down on the couch, catch up on TiVo and ice our various ailments, are times I'm enjoying immensely.

So, stay tuned to find out the costume Kevin will run in during the Go St. Louis race, just how far Michael will take his "monkey see, monkey do" routine he has recently started with his big brother, and the other dramas that unfold as we take the days of our lives, one day at a time.
 







1 comment:

  1. Hope Oskar's okay! And so fun to see and hear about the boys' adventures.

    Thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete